Friday 17 April 2009

Time warp

There's an interesting exchange going on at LinkedIn about one-to-one personalised marketing.

This is the line from one of the US contributors that rocked me back in my chair:

"About 4 yrs ago I worked at a DM agency and every campaign included a personalized VDP print DMailing, a minisite with a trackable specific URL, followed by an eblast and finally another call to action printed 4pg brochure drawing them back to the website to buy the products.

I am now starting my own business and without even giving it any thought this is exactly my marketing plan...of course scaled down."

And here I am in the UK looking at a grand total of 4 published case studies of work that looks like this - one of which, by the way, increased marketing ROI by more than 500%, and generated £1m in incremental profit, and won awards - and talking to lots of people who think it's a good idea but aren't doing it yet.

It's time to catch up, there's money to be made out there ...

picture: greenishseal

No comments: