Thursday 19 February 2009

Rapid development

You probably know I'm on a mission to make a step-change in return on investment for direct marketers. Combining the power of data and design, and working in a new way to deliver fast, effective campaigns that just work.

The current issue of the journal from the Institute of Direct Marketing (IDM) includes a review of some of the techniques and tools I am using to support our service delivery (and if you're not a member, then the journal alone should persuade you to join).

So I thought, perhaps, my timing was about right for the launch of this new service.

Then I looked up a company called Blue North in Canada. There's a salient, passionately argued piece there on personalisation from one of their founders about the importance of these developments, and the different operational model it demands. It's dated 2003.

I think I'd better get a move on.

photo: chadh

No comments: